Choosing the right real estate salesperson can be the difference between a successful sale and a disappointing outcome. After all, the salesperson you choose has a direct impact on how many buyers view, visit, and make offers on your property. In the world of real estate, we know that increased buyer demand leads to a better end result.
But how do you go about selecting the right salesperson? It can be difficult to know what to look for, especially if you haven’t worked with a salesperson before. Here are some common questions to consider:
Should you work with the salesperson who sold you your home?
While this may seem like the obvious choice, it’s not always the best one. If you feel like you got a great deal when you bought the property, the same salesperson may not be the right fit for selling it. The best salesperson to buy from isn’t necessarily the best one to sell with.
Is it wise to ask friends for recommendations?
Asking friends and family for recommendations is a great starting point, but make sure to ask specific questions beyond just the final sale price. Did the salesperson communicate well and act respectfully throughout the process? Do they have a big database of buyers in the area? These are important considerations.
What about attending open houses?
Visiting open houses is a great way to meet salespeople in person and get a sense of their style. However, it’s important not to reveal that you’re considering selling your property. Instead, observe how the salesperson interacts with potential buyers. Are they helpful and forthcoming with information? Do they provide detailed information about the property?
Should you choose the no.1 salesperson in town?
While top agents often have a high market share, make sure to clarify who will be handling buyer enquiries and open homes. It’s not uncommon for a junior member of the team to handle these tasks, rather than the top agent. It’s also important to consider an agent’s personality and how well you’ll get along with them.
What are the perks of working with a female real estate agent?
There are a number of potential benefits to using a female real estate agent, including:
- Better communication: Many people find that female agents are more communicative and responsive than male agents. They may be more attuned to your needs and concerns, and more likely to keep you updated throughout the sales process.
- Stronger negotiation skills: Women are often perceived as being better negotiators than men, which could be an advantage when it comes to getting the best price for your home.
- Attention to detail: Women are often detail-oriented and thorough, which could be a real asset when it comes to marketing and selling your home.
- A fresh perspective: A female agent may have a different perspective on the real estate market and how to market your home than a male agent, which could lead to new and innovative strategies for selling your property.
- Empathy: Female agents are often seen as more empathetic than their male counterparts, which can be important when it comes to understanding your needs and concerns, and making the sales process as smooth as possible.
At the end of the day, it’s crucial to choose a salesperson you feel comfortable working with. You’ll be in frequent communication with them throughout the selling process, and it’s important to feel heard and respected. Additionally, hiring a “bulldog” negotiator isn’t always the best option, as it can lead to feeling pressured to accept a less-than-ideal offer.
At Ray White Orakei, we’re committed to helping our clients through every step of the selling process, from pre-sale renovations to moving day. If you’re considering selling your property in the next 3-9 months, we would love to help. Contact me today to schedule a consultation.